Monday, June 21, 2010

Dim-sum catch-up in Taipei

I'm baaaaack! No. Just kidding. But in the meantime, here are some photos to drool over. Can't believe I never posted them after Xi Men Ding...and of course any Taiwan related post requires a shout-out to the lovely Miss joanh, author of internet sensation The Hungry Girl's Guide to Taipei.

This set is from a quick catch-up w/ my father's college pal's family near the Taipei train station. It was actually an ambush, really. They wanted to set me up with their daughter. What a cutie! But sorry, girl, Roger is taken!

Quick shots in jpg_small, ISO 800. Not all dishes are pictured....again. G'damn I've been slackin'.


I want to see this every time I walk into my kitchen.

Dim-sum ain't dim-sum w/o shumai.

That's duck.


These come in various fillings of your choosing--shrimp is my fav.

Too tired to write more. Those of you who still swing by here, thanks for your continued patronage. Another photo set from Taiwan coming soon!


Liz said...

I think those ducks are calling out to me.

Little Miss Contrary said...

All your photos are making me drool! I've only had layovers in Taipei--never actually went there :)

joanh said...

thanks for the shout-out!! the food looked good!