Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Abs Diet (tm)

I don't process carbs very well, so my diet revolves primarily around lean meats, fruits, non-starchy vegetables, small portions of whole-grains, and of course dairy. Some folks don't deal with meat that well, so they go for a more carb-oriented diet. Seriously. I feel bloated, sluggish, and just plain out of it if my carb-to-protein ratio is over 3:1.

Today's post features two examples of simple (and I really do mean simple), healthy fare I make when pressed for time. No added oils, no starches, minimal salt, small portions... gawd how can one live like this?! Yeah okay it doesn't look that bad, but trust me...it gets old. That's why I mix it up a bit from time to time! Hence the pig-outs featured on this blog :D Seriously though, if you want good ab definition, this is how you have to eat if not blessed with good genetics. Yes, I am vain. I admit it! But hey...I gotta look good on the beach...

Broiled Pork Tenderloin:
Two servings of vegetables, and 1.5 servings of meat (I was extra hungry that night). Funny how the picture turned out...the pork looks kinda undercooked. I assure you it definitely is not! Oh, and it was broiled with garlic and rosemary.


Broiled Salmon:
Hey! The salmon is upside down. I always get careless when my blood sugar is low... Anywho, that red sauce is a glaze of honey and peppers. Based it off Applebee's recipe. I made it spicier than the recipe, and it was actually pretty good! A nice change from the typical fresh dill or rosemary. Fish for dinner is always a great idea, even if you (I mean "me/I") do a pretty boring preparation. Omega-3s can actually up your metabolism and help you burn more calories. In one study, a guy actually burned 300+ extra calories that day! He's obviously a freak, but you get the idea. Furthermore, protein from fish takes longer to digest than other meats. Translation: You will feel full longer, and thus eat less over the next couple hours.


And in other news, my lens finally came in! It's a great 50mm prime. I wish I could afford the L, but this one will do its job beautifully. Can't wait to take it out...maybe I'll make another stop at Eclipse Chocolat..hehe.

No comments: