Thursday, August 7, 2008

Panchita's Bakery

On the same night I went to Pizzeria Luigi, I found Panchita's Bakery packed with people snatching up sweetbread fresh out of the oven. Even after devouring all that pizza from Luigi's, I felt that I could still handle a pastry or five. No prob, Bob. What do I work out for anyway? Gotta replenish all that spent glycogen and glucose right?

I tucked away two and a half on the drive home, ate another and finished the half as I was studying.


Then I remembered that I was supposed to snap some shots first...


That's neurobio under the plate and some more boring developmental neurobio on top. Honest to God, that textbook has no illustrations or graphs. At least there were Mexican sweetbreads for encouragement. They were good. Light, airy bread. Perfect amount of sweetness. These were better than the ones from El Gallo Giro. I've had better though, at Las Brisas. But really, pastries at Panchita's are so cheap there's nothing to really complain about.


I'm not sure how many people actually read my food ramblings, but I'd like to give a shout-out to my homie Brent's pal Joe. HEY JOE I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE FOLLOWED MY BLOG FOR SO LONG! SMALL WORLD AIN'T IT? WAS COOL MEETING YOU AT THE PARTY.

fashao.





Panchita's Bakery (total of four locations. all of equal caliber? dunnos)

2519 C Street
San Diego, CA 92102
619.232.6662

1879 Logan Ave. Ste. K
San Diego, CA 92113
619.338.9331

4414 University Ave. Ste. B
San Diego, CA 92105
619.281.6662

3546 Euclid Ave.
San Diego, CA 92105
unknown phone #

No comments: